The tuition fee is established by the Board of Directors to cover the Center's operating
expenses. It is subject to change, as conditions require.
Tuition fees are based on a Monday-Friday schedule. Written notice will be given to the parents of all the enrolled children at least 45 calendar days prior to any tuition fee change. See here for the tuition fee rate schedule.
The Center is open between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 PM.
The normal tuition fees
are based on a set schedule of nine and a half (9.5) hours per day. Alternate or
compressed work schedules should be based on ten and a half (10.5) hour days with one
day off every other week (the child does not attend school on the off day).
If a child will be attending for more than their scheduled hours, or during a scheduled day off, additional fees will be charged.
In order to meet staffing requirements and to minimize Center expenses, parents are
required to fill out a tuition schedule form to establish a weekly schedule for each child's
hours of attendance.
Changes to the child's schedule should be coordinated with the Director. Students scheduled as full-time must pay full-time tuition regardless of whether or not they are actually at the Center as scheduled. Likewise, students scheduled as parttime must pay tuition for their schedule days regardless of whether they attend on those days.
Eligibility for Tuition Assistance:
To receive tuition assistance, applicants must:
- Meet the eligibility requirements for child enrollment at the ACCC Submit a completed application
- Submit income verification Enroll their child or children at the ACCC
- Sign a tuition assistance contract
- Inform the ACCC Director in a timely manner of any significant changes that would affect their status at the
ACCC or their amount of aid
Computing the Amount of Tuition Assistance:
For each family, total income is determined. Total family income includes wages from the applicant and spouse and other types of income such as rental income, child support, and Social Security payments (see the tuition assistance application form for more details). This figure is the basis for the computation of the eligible tuition assistance amount.
In addition, if a spouse is not working, but is eligible to work, an equivalent spousal income is added. The equivalent spousal income is the lesser of the following:
- GS pay grade 11 step 1
- Applicants previous income
Total family income is multiplied by a percentage to determine what amount of child care cost a family should be expected to cover. Specifically, the percentage is 15% plus a Delta %.
Once the calculation has been made to determine the amount the family can afford, the affordable amount is subtracted from the actual dependent care cost to determine the eligible tuition assistance amount. If this number is less than or equal to zero the family is not eligible for assistance. If the number is greater than zero, the family may be eligible for assistance to cover some or all of the difference. Tuition assistance can not exceed one half of the actual child care cost.
TAC Council Members:
The Tuition Assistance Council is elected by the ACCC parents and is typically made up of 3 people. Elections are held annually in the spring. Any interested person can nominate themselves. The nomination must be received in writing to the Elections Committee by the specified due date each year.
NOTES:1. Potential applicants may request at any time an estimate of the maximum assistance they would be eligible for based solely on their need. Formal applications incorporate all eligible families' needs as well as available funding.
2. If total family investments exceed $500,000, then applicant is not eligible for tuition assistance (see application form for further details).
3. If the non-working spouse in receiving unemployment compensation, then the unemployment benefits are added to the family income.
4. If the parents are separated, then either child support (if any) is include in the family income or the parents are treated as if they were married for income purposes.
5. Note that the actual dependent care cost equals the ACCC child care costs plus other dependent care costs the family is and will continue to pay for.
6. ACCC Staff Members currently receiving the Staff Tuition Discount are not eligible to receive TAC.
7. Military members receiving a housing allowance must include that on their application.